WIG CARE INSTRUCTIONS
It is recommended that your wig is maintained with our wig rejuvenation service every 8-12 weeks. In order for natural hair to be kept healthy and manageable a trim and deep care treatment is recommended every 8-12 weeks to keep the hair hydrated and trim off any split ends that can potentially split up the hair shaft if left untreated. Due to the nature of wigs this is equally if not more important to ensure you are caring for your wig as the hair receives no natural oils from the scalp and is more prone to split ends due to the extensive lightening process and lack of natural hydration factors.
Please do not swim in your wig or expose your wig to sunscreen. Chlorine and sunscreen have been proven to cause a chemical reaction with human hair extensions and weft. The colour change caused by this is permanent.
- Before you wash, make sure you carefully detangle the hair. Start from ends, holding the midsection to decrease shedding. Use extra care when coming close to the lace to avoid tearing.
- Using lukewarm water, rinse from roots to ends. Do not soak as this can lead to tangling.
- Using a sulphate free, salon quality, nourishing/hyrdrating shampoo, distribute a 10c piece size amount evenly throughout the hair. Do not use any protein based products (labels are generally restrengthening, restructuring, repair).
- Use gentle circular motions to clean the cap.
- Rinse with cool water.
- Apply hydrating masque from mid-shaft to the ends. Leave in for a few minutes before rinsing. Do NOT apply any conditioning products to the root/knots as this will cause the knots to soften and slip through the cap (causing excessive shedding).
- Using lukewarm water, rinse the hair letting the water flow in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling. Squeeze and press the hair; do NOT wring. Towel blot to remove excess water.
- Use a leave in moisturiser to allow the hair to dry with less frizz. Gently brush. You can let your unit air dry to avoid heat damage or you can blow dry with a round brush - ensuring you use heat protection
- Use a heat protectant product prior to using any hot tools on the unit. Use hot tools at a low to medium setting (high setting will over dry the hair and burn out the toner/colour)
- Touch up with serum on a regular basis either wet or dry to ensure the hair is kept silky and hydrated.
STORAGE FOR YOUR WIG
Wig stands are ideal to store wigs as it prevents knotting. However not everyone has the space so packaged with your L&L wig is a satin bag. We recommend you gently brush your wig, loosely braid and store in the provided silk bag for storage.
Sunlight and heat will dull the colour of your wig and break down the hair fibres that could potentially cause shedding of your unit. Storing your wig in a cool, dry area helps prevent this and prolongs the life of your lace wig.